5 Great Travel Tips for 2016
January 4, 2016
Happy New Year and safe and memorable travels in 2016!
Here are a few helpful tips to make your travel life a bit easier this year:
- Mobile Passport App — We’ve all been there. Worn out and weary from a long international flight, our welcome greeting is long lines at customs in the U.S. The Mobile Passport App allows U.S. Citizens to speed up the entry process back into the U.S. by avoiding the line at Custom and Border Protection (CBP) and going directly to the “Mobile Passport Control” express lane. Airports where the service is available include Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, San Francisco and Seattle-Tacoma.
- Consider Canada — The U.S. Dollar is predicted to stay strong against the Canadian Dollar in 2016. A couple of great options: A luxury train that traverses through the Canadian Rockies with stops to play golf at Banff, Jasper and other golf-rich locations. A visit to Canada’s answer to Bandon Dunes: The Mike Keiser development featuring Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia.
- Ryder Cup 2016 in Demand — Get your Ryder Cup 2016 packages as early as possible. This year’s Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National near Minneapolis, Minnesota promises to be one of the most anticipated in recent years. With young guns like Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy leading their respective teams at one of America’s great championship layouts, the shotmaking will be spectacular. Enhancing the appeal is the Minneapolis metropolitan area which has lots of great restaurants, attractions and shopping opportunities.
- Spend Your Miles in 2016 — You might want to start spending your miles in 2016 because many experts predict airlines will move to devalue their points even more this year.
- Be a Smart Traveler — While the Smart Traveler App has been around since 2011, many people are still unaware of this FREE app offered by the State Department. Designed to keep international travelers informed, the app gives you frequently updated country information, travel alerts, travel warnings, maps and U.S. Embassy locations. Apple users can download by clicking HERE.