10 Reasons to Play Golf in Australia
When Australia is mentioned, images of golden beaches, the Great Barrier Reef, the Outback, kangaroos, Fosters Beer, Greg Norman, Jason Day and Adam Scott are some of the things and people that come to mind.
Here are 10 great reasons you should consider a golf vacation Down Under:
1. There are more than 1,800 golf courses in Australia.
2. You can play golf in a variety of settings such as the Sandbelt, northeast Tasmania amid wild and exotic dunes and alongside the sandstone cliffs of southern Sydney.
3. You’ll tee up at world renowned courses like Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath, Metropolitan, Royal Adelaide, Barnbougle Dunes Golf Links, Victoria Golf Club and New South Wales.
4. There’s a nice menu of modern courses (post 1970) such as Ellerston, The National (Moonah) and The Golf Club Kennedy Bay.
5. Australians love golf. Approximately 10% of the adult Australian population plays golf on a regular basis and it’s the country’s number one participant sport.
6. There are a wide variety of excellent hotels and golf resorts such Bonville Golf Resort, Peppers Moonah Links and Mercure Kooindah Waters.
7. If you appreciate fine wines, you’ll love Australia. There are more than 60 wine regions with a superb selection of Shiraz, Chardonnay and sparkling wines.
8. Australia has an amazing outdoor dining lifestyle where dining “al fresco” is a distinct art form with stunning views.
9. Off-the-course activities like diving and snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef, ocean rafting, jet boating and sightseeing in Sydney (the Harbor and Opera House).
10. Australians are friendly, most can talk golf and you’ll thoroughly enjoy their hospitality. That’s for sure, mate.