10 Things To Know About Ryder Cup 2018 in France
1. Ryder Cup 2018 matches will be staged on Friday September 28, 2018 to Sunday September 30, 2018.
2. The venue is Le Golf National, a 36-hole complex. The matches will be contested on the L’Albatros Course, which is consistently ranked in Europe’s Top 10 courses. Opened in 1990, L’Albatros was designed by Hubert Chesneau and von Hagge Associates.
3. Le Golf National is located 20 miles southwest of Paris near Versaille in the suburb of St.-Quentin-en-Yvelines.
4. Le Golf National is a regular stop for the Open de France in the European Tour schedule.
5. Ryder Cup 2018 is only the second time in Ryder Cup history for the matches to be held in Continental Europe (the other was in 1997 in Spain at Valderrama Golf Club.)
6. Organizers are expecting around 65,000 spectators each day at Le Golf National.
7. Names consistently mentioned for European 2018 Ryder Cup Captain include Thomas Bjorn, Padraig Harrington and Miguel Angel Jimenez
8. Europe is expected to have a strong team with young up-and-comers like Thomas Pieters and Rafa Cabrera Bello, who performed admirably at the 2016 Ryder Cup Matches at Hazeltine National.
9. Heading the list of things to do and see in Paris, include Versaille, Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Arc-de-Triomphe, Champs-Elysee, Notre Dame, Musee d’Orsay, Montmarte and Sacre-Coeur Basilica. Great side trips include the wine regions in Bordeaux and Biarritz and the D-Day landmarks in Normandy and Brittany.
10. For Ryder Cup 2018 packages, contact the experts Premier Golf Travel, who’ve been planning and executing fun and exciting Ryder Cup packages for more than 25 years.