Contact us Email

Golf Travel Update: EU & UK Entry Requirements

February 13, 2023

Golf travel plans for Europe or the United Kingdom?

Both the European Union and the United Kingdom are rolling out new entry programs that will affect travelers from the United States. While neither of these programs is considered an entry visa, there will be a cost and a registration process to complete in order to enter both controlled areas.

Traveling to the European Union

The first one to roll out will be the EU’s European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS), which is scheduled to go online in November. American travelers looking to enter most mainland countries in Europe will be required to fill out this form and pay seven Euros each.

For a complete list of requirements and the countries that you will need it for, visit the ETIAS for Americans website at

Traveling to the UK

The newest addition to traveling to England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, along with the rest of the United Kingdom, is the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). The UK government has not released what the expected cost or launch date will be, but it is safe to presume it will be similar to the EU’s system. There is more information about what will be expected to come in the following months at

US citizens had long enjoyed Visa waivers while traveling overseas. However, concerns about border security, further flamed in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, pushed authorities act. The new systems will allow governments to better understand who was entering the country, their plans while in the various countries, and where they were planning on traveling while there.

Premier Golf provide latest travel news and updates to clients with travel plans around the world, to keep up-to-date, sign up for our email newsletter.